New York Live Arts' educational programs are led by The Bill T. Jones/Arnie Zane Dance Company. The Company's education and community engagement programs are developed to create dynamic learning experiences guided by the following goals:
- to serve diverse communities with programs that educate about the Company's works and values
- to teach the current and past working methods of the Company
- to meaningfully engage in and contribute to the field of dance education
- to support and create innovative partnerships with organizations having similar or complementary goals
- to encourage understanding of and dialogue between diverse cultures and communities.
Through the lens of dance and the body of work created by the company, we hope to develop socially aware citizens and artists capable of questioning deeply and making meaningful, creative, and innovative contributions to their society and world.
"For us to have the ability to share our material with artists-in-training is a fantastic way of seeing what they do with it. It's a way for us to learn about them and ourselves, as well."
— Leah Cox, Education Director